Canon PIXMA MG2550s All-in-One Inkjet Color Printer is a compatible printer for you to be used at home or your personal office. It is ideal to help you working more efficient in terms of preparing files using the printer. With a resolution of 4800 x 600 dpi, you may get the best prints. It is also combined with the dual ink color from the cartridge using FINE technology from Canon.
Besides working as a printer, this Canon MG2550s will also act as scanner and copier. It helps you to do multitasking job in one machine. When it is used as the scanner, it will work to scan the document in 14 seconds. The technology used for the scanner is CIS flatbed photo and regular photo scanner.
When the printer is used as a copier, it will work based on the capacity. There are 21 pages of copies which can be produced as maximum capacity in copying document. This printer will take 31 seconds to produce the copies. It is a standard copy process which is ideal to use in the home or your office. The dimension detail of this printer is 426 x 306 x 145 mm. With 3.5 kg weight, this Canon PIXMA MG 2550s is easier to place in any corner you have.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2450 Driver & Software Support
COMPATIBILITY – SPECIFICATION – HOW TO SETUP – DOWNLOAD
Canon PIXMA MG2550s Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/ Mac OS Sierra 10.12 ) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG2550s Specification
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 600 dpi|
|Print Technology||2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour)|
|Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size|
|Mono Print Speed||Approx. 8.0 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||Approx. 4.0 ipm|
|Borderless Printing||Not available|
|Two Sided Printing||Manual operation|
|CARTRIDGES AND YIELDS|
|Standard Ink Cartridges||PG-445 (Black)|
|Optional XL Ink Cartridges||PG-445XL (Black)|
|Cartridge Yield (Plain paper)||A4 colour documents printing|
|Black: 180 pages|
|Black XL: 400 pages|
|Colour: 180 pages|
|Colour XL: 300 pages|
|Paper Types||Plain Paper|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)|
|Photo Paper Glossy “Everyday Use” (GP-501)|
|Maximum Paper Input||Rear tray: Max. 60 sheets (pain paper)|
|Paper Sizes||Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal|
|Photo paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm|
|Envelopes: DL, COM10|
|Paper Weight||Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²|
|Canon photo paper: up to 275 g/m²|
|Scanner Type||CIS flatbed photo and document scanner|
|Scanner Resolution (Optical)||600 x 1200 dpi|
|A4 Scan Speed||Approx. 14 seconds|
|Scanning Depth (Input / Output)||Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit|
|Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit|
|Maximum Document Size||216 x 297 mm|
|Copy Speed||sFCOT: Approx. 31 seconds|
|sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm|
|Multiple Copy||21 copies (max.)|
|Copy Functions||Document copying (plain paper)|
|Display Type & Size||No display|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10|
|Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)|
|Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later|
|Supported Mobile Systems||Windows RT|
|Minimum System Requirements||Windows: 3GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8|
|Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5|
|Display: 1024 x 768 XGA|
|Software Included||MP Driver including Scanning Utility|
|My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (download)|
|Weight||Approx. 3.5 kg|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||426 x 306 x 145mm|
|Operating Humidity||10-90%RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Off: Approx. 0.4 W|
|Standby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 1.0 W (scanning lamp off)|
|Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 1.0 W (scanning lamp off)|
|Time to enter Standby mode: 7 minutes|
|Copying: Approx. 9 W|
Steps by Step to Install Driver and Software for Canon PIXMA MG2550s
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your Canon PIXMA MG2550s without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your Canon PIXMA MG2550s.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2550s and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon PIXMA MG2550s for printing.
Method 2: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2550s or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for Canon PIXMA MG2550s.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MG2550s Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect Canon PIXMA MG2550s to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG2550s using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from Canon PIXMA MG2550s to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from Canon PIXMA MG2550s to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2550s is already installed and ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG2550s Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MG2550s) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG2550s Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MG2550s if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MG2550s, then you will need to surely have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that canondriversupport.net will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||19 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.70||18 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.7.1||9.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.1||294 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows XP (32-bit)||2.6.2||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.2||352 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||14 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.2 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||2.3.4||25 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||2.7.1||1.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.1||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.1||300 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.7)||2.6.2||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.1||5.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||8.1 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2550s Getting Started Guide||V2||2 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MG2550s Driver & Software Download For Windows, Mac OS, Linux
If you do not have the CD to run the automatic wizard and you need the setup files to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s, then you will not need to worry since you will be able to download the files that you need from Canon Support that already provides the access to download the application below. You can find the download link directly from the official site that also offers you some options based on the operating system that you are using, starting from Windows, Linux, and even Mac OS. Once you have found the desired link, you just need to download the files that you need and follow all of the steps in the manual to install the driver software that you need for Canon PIXMA MG2550s.